Wednesday, July 19, 2017 0
National Nutrition Council Region X, urge everyone to practice the following Healthy Diet habits in line with the Nutrition Month's theme "Healthy Diet, Gawing Habit - for Life!"
They say habits are tough to break. Not true, all it takes is determination, perseverance & a commitment to change. A mindset to improve your life by nourishing your body.
Start simply and slowly by training yourself to adopt:
Healthy Diet, Gawing Habit --- FOR LIFE!
1. Refrain from sugary, oily, fatty & salty foods (to veer away from diabetes, cardio diseases, hypertension etc.)
2. Drop the processed & fast food value meal mentality. Foods served here offer no nutrition & the preservatives they contain are toxins harmful to our body organs.
3. Eat up to 5 servings of vegetables & fruits each day, taking in 400gms (1 cup) of vegetables each serving.
4. Stop feeding & hoarding junk food for the kids like chips & instant noodles. They're falling into the wrong trap! Educate them to be conscious eating only nutritious & safe food.
5. Don't drink nor smoke. Sleep 8 hours a day.
6. Choose water over any drink.